Classic console tone? Unparalleled analog realism?
These are the claims by Brainworx the company behind the development of bx_console. A faithful emulation of their own in-house Neve VXS 72 channel console with 72 channels modelling the channel to channel variations of each. So every channel on this plugin sounds different.
Is it a game changer? Is it worth the retail price of $299? Does this really impart an analog sound that you need in your studio without paying thousands for a console?
I'll let you decide!
The interface as you will see in the video is crammed with controls and is a huge gui. There are filters, eq, compressor, expander and more included in this plugin.
In the video below I test out bx_console features on some drums and guitar:
- Emulates the channel to channel variation between 72 channels of the brainworx console
- Adds several “mods” to the already fantastic original design in the EQ and Dynamics sections
- Delivers iconic console tone without the noise and instability of a vintage console, unless desired and dialed in on purpose
- Four-band EQ plus high pass and low pass filters
- Comprehensive dynamics section (Compressor/Limiter, Expander/Gate)
- Loaded with plenty of useful presets to give you a starting place for finding your sound
- EUCON parameter mapping for Avid controllers, including the S6 control surface
- Noise control allows you to mimic the noise level of the original or maintain all the tone without any noise
- A piece of rock and roll history, inside your DAW